Qualifications & Credit Framework
training in the workplace
Subsidised or full cost
Subsidised or full cost training in the workplace NVQs and Diplomas enable experienced members of staff to gain a recognised qualification that supports their on-the-job competence. They make a statement to your customers about the skills and expertise within your business.
Many of your employees may be eligible for free or heavily subsidised NVQs or Diplomas and all are delivered to the workplace.
Various Level Diploma
- Level 2 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
- Level 2 Diploma Customer Service
- Level 3 Diploma Customer Service
- Level 2 Diploma or Certificate Team Leading
- Level 3 Diploma or Certificate First Line Management
- Level 4 Diploma or Certificate Management & Leadership
- Level 5 Diploma or Certificate Management & Leadership
- Level 3 Diploma or Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Level 5 Diploma or Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
- Level 2 Certificate in IT Users (ITQ)
Health and Social Care
- Level 1 Award in Health and Safety Awareness
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (ADULTS) for England
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (ADULTS) for England
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care
students love what we do
see what they say
“I have been working within a small estates company for 3 years now. I’ve just been promoted to a manager. I left school with GCSEs but I have no management qualifications. My employer has encouraged me to enrol on a management apprenticeship programme. This is great because this course of study is mainly carried out in the workplace within my hours of work. Now I am gaining a qualification, training and recognition for my ability of being a occupationally competent manager. My line manager and Dynamic Client Solutions have supported me through this process. I currently feel a lot more confident in my practices and aim to go onto mentoring other new managers within the business in the future.”
I left school at 16 years old not knowing what I wanted to do. All I knew was that I wanted to work in an office. Dynamic Client Solutions was recommended to me by a friend. She said she was doing an apprenticeship level 2 in Customer Service and hoped she would progress to a level 3 once she completed. She said the team at Dynamic Client Solutions were really supportive, they found her an excellent employer and her assessor was always on hand to give good feedback and guidance.
I’ve been studying my Business Administration level 2 apprenticeship for 4 months now and I love it! I work at a Law firm. My employer is great and I have learnt so much. My assessor is enthusiastic and knowledgeable. She is so supportive and I hope to progress to a level 3 after this.